We understand that poor staff attendance can have a major impact on your school, in terms of performance and continuity of teaching. With so many triggers to look at, identifying trends and reducing absences can seem impossible. We’ve used our experience in education to develop SAM especially for schools and we know it can help you reduce absence and improve standards.
Based on an average 40% reduction in absence, SAM can help an average secondary school save up to £54,526*. To work out your potential cost savings use our calculator. It can save time and money, reducing supply costs, occupational health referrals and improving educational standards.
Using SAM, your school will be able to:
- Automate the initial checks of staff hitting triggers
- Reduce the risk of missing staff who have hit a trigger
- Reduce the potential risk of discrimination claims
- Reduce admin time tracking absences
- Report on absences by type/employee/terms/years
- Maintain a complete case management file, helping to keep track of meetings
- Sickness documentation and occupational health referrals
- Keep track of absence trends such as stress, helping to identify issues early
- Reduce supply costs which can be better reinvested elsewhere
*Absence figures are based on the CIPD Absence Management Annual Survey Report published November 2016, look at our calculator for more information. Average reduction in absence days of 40% taken from Autumn and Spring term results across 10 schools who have effectively used SAM since Sept 2015.